24/02/2008

Hi from Amerika

Hi there from Spokane, Washington, US.
Well, what can I say.... I landed in Seattle and then flew to Minneapolis, Minnesota, where I stayed with some friends for several days. During the day it was minus 4 Celsius out of the wind and as low as minus 10 in the wind. So, yeah, it was cold!!!

But I got to see the biggest Mall in the States (Yeeeeehaaaa!?!?!), the Mall of America. I bought a pair if jeans and a suitcase..... its obvious why I would buy a pair of pants ... but why a suitcase?... Well, the story is that I mucked up when I last closed my $280 USD suitcase in Australia before driving to the airport, and so when I arrived in Minneapolis at 6:00 am and wanted so badly to have a shower and a change of clothes..... guess what?!?.... I could not open my beloved suitcase. Three young strong men had a go at it and it would just not open... damn good locking system!!! So we ended up having to literally hack the thing open and open it like a can or sardines. Ha! So that is why I had to buy a new suitcase.... found a super deal for a Wenger Swiss Suitcase at 68 USD.



I went snow-shoeing and also did some Archery. Twas all very fun...





So then after my visit there I flew back to Seattle and caught a 2-prop plane to Spokane. That was a very interesting 1-hour flight -- ha! Got to Spokane and was picked up shortly after having gotten my baggage. Then, after 2 nights of sleeping with my head under a window (really smart, Zeth), I got a head cold and fought it off for about 3 days .... and I am still fighting it as I am writing this....

So I'll go now and maybe write something more later...

LOADS of love to my Mooch (XXX), Raymond and Leona....

and love to all the in-Laws too....

1 comment:

Lady Jo said...

Beautiful shot of the sun shining onto the snow.

Quarantine and homeschooling week 3!!!

Well here we are in week 3, and it went as well as you can imagine, the first picture below pretty much sums it up. First of all getting the...