26/03/2020

Quarantine and Homeschooling week 1!!!

 Quarantine and Lockdown!!! two words I never thought I would be using in my lifetime yet here we are, 3 months into 2020 and the entire world is in quarantine and most countries are on lockdown.
Meaning don't leave your house unless its an emergency!

Thanks to the new sickness called the CoronaVirus EVERYTHING is cancelled and shutdown, everything except supermarkets, Pharmacies and banks(which are even starting to close).
Everything is new and different, oh yea the schools closed almost two weeks ago too, so everyone in Switzerland and many other countries are now homeschooling(ahhh the flashbacks) its all a little too closely related to my life growing up in which I was homeschooled, except now I'm the teacher and the school is in German. Its been ok so far and not too stressful(thank goodness for Google translate) but still not easy and the kids actually miss going to school, not sure if thats a good thing or an insult đŸ˜‚

I would have thought I would come out of this with a drinking problem(remember I'm homeschooling in German) but having had waaay too many headaches over the first week I have also given up alcohol for now, every time I had a beer I would have a headache through the night and most of the next day, so I switched to non-alcoholic beer and the headaches were gone, I had my first beer in a week two days ago and yup, headache all night and most of the next day, damn, I really want a beer.
In week 1 we were lucky enough to have gorgeous weather so we could go spend some time outside in our beautiful garden, we spent some time reading, playing birdie, eating popcorn and practicing with Roderick's Bow and arrow set and just generally soaking up the Vitamin D, thats all for now, Stay Healthy :)



No comments:

Quarantine and homeschooling week 3!!!

Well here we are in week 3, and it went as well as you can imagine, the first picture below pretty much sums it up. First of all getting the...