06/08/2008

Something really special ...

Last Friday I went with the guys and Leona to a close by Museum which has large grassy lawns and gardens which are packed out on the weekend by tourists and picnickers. I had taken our digital camera with us to snap a few shots if I got the chance, however we quickly got into a game of soccer and I hung the camera (bag) onto a palm tree trunk.

Well basically what happened was that we left around 5:30 that afternoon and I forgot to take the camera back with us. sigh ...


It only dawned on me the following Monday and I thought for sure it was goner. I went to the Museum on Monday morning and the person in charge was in a meeting so I wrote a letter explaining the situation and left it for the manager, whom we knew.

The next day I got a call from the manager who said he was looking into it as there had been some other instances that occurred over that weekend concerning other people's belongings going missing. I was a bit surprised that he as taking it so seriously, but was grateful at the same time, although still thinking it was probably a lost cause.

The day passed ... and the next day ... then on Wednesday he called again and said "Guess what ..." yep he had our camera. This is what happened...

On Friday he locked up the place at 8pm and had not seen the camera. Then the next morning there was a group of photographers who came in just as he had opened up the premises and they took some time taking pics of the gardens etc ... Then as they were finishing up he found the camera hanging on the palm tree and asked the photographers if it was theirs, to which they replied that it was and he gave it to them.
Then after he received my letter and talked to me on the phone it clicked and he spent the next day and a half tracking down the photographers until he found their office. He found the camera was left there and he asked if he could have a look at the pics on the camera. When he saw the pictures he replied with: "I know these people, they play soccer on my premises. This is my family. This is not your camera." and took the camera back to his house.

WOW! TYJ for your miracles...

No comments:

Quarantine and homeschooling week 3!!!

Well here we are in week 3, and it went as well as you can imagine, the first picture below pretty much sums it up. First of all getting the...